Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Water Company 💧 3date ALERT Drinking Water

Swampscott, Massachusetts | Drinking Water Utility Company

The vicinity drinking water of Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) could be contaminated by various contaminants including but not limited to Mercury, Atrazine and Chloromethane, and may suffer with abnormally high degradation of water hardness. Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) supplies this county with drinking water which originates its water supply from Purchased surface water.

What's in your drinking water?

For a Limited Time - Get the Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Official Water Score Report for Free.

US Public Records

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Details

what water company

Area served:

Swampscott, Massachusetts

what's in drinking water

Population served:


benefits of drinking much water

Water source:

Purchased surface water

is drinking only water healthy



drinking water storage


22 Monument Avenue, Swampscott, MA 1907

Massachusetts Dinking Water Utility


Contaminants Detected In Swampscott, Massachusetts

Chromium (hexavalent); Bromodichloromethane; Chloroform; Dibromochloromethane; Dichloroacetic acid; Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs); Trichloroacetic aci… more

Swampscott Dinking Water Utility

For a Limited Time - Get the Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Official Water Score Report for Free.


US Public Records

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA)

Annual Drinking Water Report

List of Drinking Water Contaminants Tested by Swampscott Water Department (MWRA)

But Not Detected:
1,1-Dichloroethane; 1,2,3-Trichloropropane; 1,3-Butadiene; 1,4-Dioxane; Bromochloromethane; Bromomethane; Chlorodifluoromethane; Chloromethane; Cobalt; Molybdenum; Perfluorobutane sulfonate (PFBS); Perfluoroheptanoic acid (PFHPA); Perfluorohexane sulfonate (PFHXS); Perfluorononanoic acid (PFNA); Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS); Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA); Vanadium

swampscott-water-department-mwra-water-company-massachusetts Office

Find out which contaminants are found above Legal and Health Guidelines.


US Public Records

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA)

About Us

1907 Annual Water Report



Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Payment Options

For more Massachusetts resources & information

Massachusetts Water Utility Companies

.. ...

Massachusetts EPA Water Reports

For more information on your drinking water, visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Drinking Water Company and EPA

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Drinking Water Report Info
Early authentic records of Swampscott showed that the Native Americans alluded to as Naumkeags, came to what was known as the "land of the red shake" in the seventeenth century to fish and chase. Initially part of the large Saugus land award and later the eastern piece of Lynn's Ward One, Swampscott was settled and set up in 1629 when Francis Ingalls came and manufactured the principal Massachusetts Bay Colony tannery on Humphrey's Brook. Since quite a while ago known as a nautical angling village, Swampscott facilitated a large business angling armada which cruised day by day from our secured straight. Early records of Swampscott thought of it as a "network of unassuming signifies" and showed that one man in three was an angler. Of the rest, a goodly number were shoemakers (otherwise called cordwainers), shoe cutters (known as clickers), yeomen or ranchers and dealers. In the late 1700s, Ebenezer Phillips took in the dry fish process from the Naumkeaks and set up a preparing office for cod whereby the cod was dried, placed in barrels and dispatched everywhere throughout the world. Phillips' business was a triumph and he wound up one of this present nation's first moguls. From its angling advantages, Swampscott arrived at overall status as the place where Ebenezer Thorndike imagined the lobster pot in 1808 to upset lobster collecting. Likewise, the Swampscott Dory, an angling vessel still being used all through the present reality, was concocted in 1840 by Theophilius Brackett to push and to pull lobster pots. The dory was viewed as the best secure pontoon for anglers because of its special flat-bottomed structure. A couple of large retreats were worked in the 1800s which pulled in well off benefactors, families and specialists from the nation over. Many stayed and assembled fabulous homes in the region which played a fundamental job in the town's assorted history. Swampscott isolated from Lynn when a gathering of 97 applicants told the General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that: They are arranged to some degree remote from the focal segment of Lynn; and That their business is not the same as that of the key piece of Lynn; and That their accommodation and interests would be advanced by a different government, particularly after the residents of Lynn selected to change from a town to a city type of government. Lynn offered no significant restriction, so the legislature passed an empowering demonstration that approved the association of a different town government under the date of May 21, 1852. On October 9, 1852, Lynn was paid $5,450.00 for the land it lost to the new network currently known as the Town of Swampscott. In 1857 land at the far western edge of Salem known as the "Salem Finger" was added to Swampscott carrying the all-out land region to 3.05 square miles. Nearby Swampscott's angling legacy came the approach of large lodgings and homes as the network pulled in summer occupants from each side of the world. There were likewise homes of explicit chronicled essentialness. For instance, John Humphrey, the principal appointee legislative head of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, lived in an alluring saltbox home in 1637 which is currently home to the Swampscott Historical Society at 99 Paradise Road and is presently recorded on the National Register of Historic Places. Stately homes that advanced in Swampscott incorporate Professor Elihu Thomson's Georgian recovery house with its exceptional and resplendent inside carvings. Professor Thomson established the Thomson-Houston Electric Company which is presently the General Electric Company. The structure, planned by James T. Kelley, presently fills in as the Town Administration Building and is additionally recorded on the National Historic Register. Andrew Preston, the originator of the United Fruit Company, had one of the significant summer homes in Swampscott. The Preston home secured more than 100 sections of land and incorporated its very own fairway. Designer Arthur Little assembled a few of the main shingle-styled homes in Swampscott, all broad summer homes with sea views and most with dance halls. The inn and lodging business prospered to serve the convergence of summer guests with the Ocean House, the Hotel Preston, the Lincoln House Hotel, the Hotel Bellevue and the New Ocean House Hotel. Striking summer visitors, including President and Mrs. Calvin Coolidge, and Woolworth beneficiary Ethel Donahue frequented our lavish housing. None of the large inns stay standing today, most having been crushed by fire or savage beach front tempests, and the majority of the large homes have been subdivided into single-family homes. By the by, Swampscott has held the pith of a tranquil setting along the north shore of the Atlantic Ocean with the mitigating hints of the sea lapping along the coastline..

Drinking Water Utility Company FAQ

Massachusetts CDC Tap Water Info

For more information on your drinking water, visit the U.S. CDC:

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) Drinking Water Company and CDC

.. ...

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) consumer info

Swampscott Water Department (MWRA) provides drinking water services to the public of Swampscott and Swampscott, Massachusetts.

Free Water Safety Report for Swampscott Water Department (MWRA). (Limited Time)

Added to cart!